Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dedicated to a Prayer Warrior

Sometimes we sit and reflect. Sometimes we cry. Sometimes we write songs.
Sometimes we wish. Sometimes we pray.
Sometimes we pray to Our Father who art in heaven. Sometimes we wish we could talk to our father who is now in heaven.
Sometimes it's all jumbled together and confusing. Sometimes it makes sense.


My Mind [A Wish & A Prayer]
What are the things I need to say
The very words I wish I could pray
I wish that I could stand still in time
And look beyond the feelings that don't rhyme
I don't want to go the way I came
If I had one wish it would be:
I need you to know
The feelings inside of me

And my mind wrestles inside tonight
And while the night is here
I need [Your] peace to arise

Here are the words I need to say
The very words I’ll pray like you prayed
The seasons always change in [His] time
We are the song the words of [His] rhyme
Sung in the world for all to hear
If I had one prayer it would be:
Let your song be mine
And I’ll carry on your melody

Let your mind put all fear aside tonight
And when the night is gone
By [Your] strength I will rise

And now I’ll be the person you are to me
And now I believe it’s your strength inside of me
And now I see it's always been [You] holding me
And now I seek more of [You] and less of me


No comments: