Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Wedding Paradox

Singing at weddings/engagements. A wonderful and not so wonderful paradox. I've found that the very limited list of songs to chose from to sing at Christian weddings is rather frustrating; so I decided to write my own. In case you're wondering this is wholly inspired by other wedding songs and nothing more.

Beautiful Thought

You were a beautiful thought
In the Maker's heart
So He used His favorite colors when He made you
Now you are
My most beautiful thought
And as we're about to start
Our life's story together I give you
All of my heart

I'll take this pen and I'll write
A faithful story of care and devotion
My deepest love I will give you
And it will mirror the love of Christ
He made you with His hand
In the other He'd already made me
And just before He was finished
Made our hearts beat together like He'd planned

It's in the way that you laugh with me
It's in the way you look at me
It's in the way that you love our Maker
Who thought us together
Now we'll be
A most beautiful thought

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give this song two thumbs up! I'd give more if I had more thumbs... It was beautiful! Cheers to your blog, now I can stalk your singing more efficiently :D

Unknown said...

=)

Anonymous said...

those lyrics are sooo beautiful!! and you sing it with such heart and soul. keep writing... you're def blessed with talent. =)

Albin said...

awesome!!!
this remains 2 b my most fav song of urs chetai!